Afternoon Dismissal of Students
Please note the following procedures regarding the dismissal of students at the end of the school day. These procedures are to safeguard the release of students and to expedite your exit from the school. With many students under our care, it is important that they are released in a safe and orderly manner. We thank you for your cooperation in following these procedures.
All go home changes need to be in writing with a note sent to school with the student. Please do not call the school with go home changes. Students will not be signed out after 3:00 PM. The office staff is very busy alerting students and teachers of bus changes and pick-up information at the end of the day
- Secure Pickup is in the gymnasium. You will need to show your ID and sign out your student in the correct grade level line.
- Express Pickup is located next to the bike rack on the West end of the school. Students will be released once a person is there to pick up your child. No ID or sign out is required.
- Students who walk home meet on the West side of the school and are escorted to the appropriate crosswalks by school personnel.
- Students that ride their bikes follow the same guidelines as the walkers.
- All bussers are placed on buses by their classroom teachers.
Please do not go to classrooms. Teachers are busy getting students ready for dismissal and going over any last minute instructions.
Thank you for being patient with our staff. We care about the safety of your kids and want to make sure they make it home safely each night.
Will your child be absent?
Call the school office @ 757-5100 before 9 a.m. and leave us a message telling us why your child will be absent. Please send a note the following day also with the reason for your student’s absence.